Saturday, December 5, 2009

Can anyone suggest a good song to perform?

Here's the story: My boyfriend has played the violin since he was 6 (we're both in our early 20's) but he's never played for me. I sing, and have taken lessons at my university, but have never sang for him. We finally made a deal... I'll sing for him, and he'll play for me.



Now I have to choose a song to sing. I'm a soprano with a decent range. I would like to find something in a genre that he likes (and something that would sound okay w/out accompaniment). He's not really into today's top 40... but he loves oldies, 80's, electronic / indie, and some classical. It doesn't have to be a love song, necessarily, just a nice song that he might like, that will also show of my voice (hopefully).



Any suggestions?



Also, do you know how I could get sheet music or a recording of the song? (I'm a broke college student, so I can't really afford to go buy sheet music or an accompaniment track).



Thanks for the help!



Can anyone suggest a good song to perform?say yes



Ocean Front Property.........by..George Strait......Tab's on internet



Can anyone suggest a good song to perform?palace theatre opera theater



"Moonshadow" or "Wild World" by "Cat Stevens", songs can't get any better than these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd