Saturday, December 5, 2009

Does anybody think the Sabres will perform a miracle and mount a comeback in the playoff series with

I have this feeling that the Sabres are not ready to pack it in just yet. The season has been good for the Sabres and this whole playoff season has the makings of a good comeback story. Kind of like when the Buffalo Bills came from behind after trailing the Houston Oilers 35-3 in the playoffs a few years ago. If the Sabres win tonight in Ottawa, I believe that they will run the table. It won't be easy but the Sabres take on the personality of their coach in that he has heart and a set of "ba__s. It hasn't shown up in the first couple of games but I really don't believe that with the possibility of the Sabres losing key players through Free Agency are ready to throw in the towel just yet. It's also the perfect setup because Ottawa is a very cocky and confident team (I can't stand that Ray Emery) and I know they'll be looking past the Sabres tonight. Get ready for the Sabres Power Play to return tonight. EOM!



Does anybody think the Sabres will perform a miracle and mount a comeback in the playoff series with Ottawa?imax theatre



I enjoyed your follow-up comments and I'm glad you asked this question. I'm sorry I wasn't able to answer earlier but my server was down and I only just popped on now during the 2nd period intermission (3-2 Sabres at the moment). Anyway, even before the Sabres came out firing and went up 3-0, I'd have said it was unlikely but definitely possible for them to mount the "impossible" comeback. And despite Ottawa's 2-goal burst late in the 2nd period, I still think it's possible.



This is more about believing in your team than being realistic about their chances. This is what being a loyal fan is all about. It's not being delusional, it's having faith. Buffalo earned the right to get this far and Sabres fans earned the right to keep right on believing in them, no matter how difficult a comeback from 3-0 down in the series actually is. So hang in there fellow Sabres fans. Dream and Believe.



One Team. One Goal. One Game at a Time.



Go Sabres!



Does anybody think the Sabres will perform a miracle and mount a comeback in the playoff series with Ottawa?performing show opera theaterAgreed. Our Sabres will take them out again in game five. One game at a time... Cheers! Report It


I like the Buffalo Bills reference: they'll come back and win this series, but they'll blow it when everything is on the line in the Finals. No, it's over, sorry. Buffalo doesn't have home ice advantage, they have absolutely no advantage in the series. Ottawa has outplayed them in every aspect of this series, and I expect to see them in the Finals. Maybe next year, Buffalo fans.
No comment
There is no way the sabres will lose tonight, they will comeback and win 4 games, it happened before, but can't remember who was the team, I think it was new jersey
I'm sure it's a short list, but I think they will.



I am throwing blind ignorance to the stats, history and popular opinion. I refuse to give up hope. If a 4 game run is what it will take for them to move on, then yes, I think it will happen. I would love to be one of the few that can say "I told you so," and not be lying.



GO SABRES
I'll bet anyone that the Sabres are going to win tonight.
you have to believe that the Sabres are going to make a great comeback... i do believe that they will.... they did not win the Presidents Trophy for no reason... they are the best team we just have to pick it up and play some great hockey...



ONE TEAM



ONE GOAL



GO SABRES
It would be a dream come true because i'm a pens fan and ottawa knocked them out i would want nothing more then to see the Sabres come back from being down 3 nothing i might have a stroke or heart attack or something. if that doesn't happen the wings are gonna beat them in the finals



Sabres!!!!!!!!
Sorry, the Rangers used them up. It's over.
Well it would be nice for them to come back i think that it is possible because the Sabres during the regular season has only lost 4 in a row once



Also Buffalo doesnt want to get swept by Ottawa of all teams i think that they will put up a good fight and make it to 7 i hope at least



Lets Go Buffalo Win the Cup For Us This Year
I think they can do it. They just need to play the way that they did in the regular season.
The Sabres should play their year tonite. If they don't, they're toast. I'm willing to bet that they win a close game tonite in Ottawa, but won't be able to slug it out for four straight wins.
Here are the facts...



The Sabres have looked beaten on the ice and in their interviews since the end of game 2. Especially Lindy Ruff!



The Senators are not only winning the series they are winning in every way (hits, shots, goals, blocked shots, pp %, pk % etc...).



The Senators have shown nothing but resiliency. They have battled back from 2 goals down and came back to win after a late game goal.



This season the Sabres have only beaten Ottawa 3 times (once in OT) in 11 tries. Now you think they will win 4 strait?



Don't confuse cocky fans with cocky players. The Sens players have been nothing but professional toward the Sabres.



This will end tonight!
As an ex-Buffalonian myself I thought of the same Bills/Oilers game so I thought that was funny you mentioned it. As a 21 year fan of the Sabres I hope they make it but I have to be honest after the numerous disappointments they've handed me over the years I have to say I don't have a lot of faith in them tonight. Monday's game was a sorry excuse for an effort would be my number one reason. They played absolutely horrendous. There is no way a Presidents Cup team should be flat out swept by anyone. Ottawa is a fantastic team and so is Buffalo but the only player I saw Monday was Miller. Even if Ottawa was a better team the Sabres should be fighting harder than they are. I wish I could be more optimistic, I really do. I felt the stirrings of Sir Stanley in my gut after the 11 game opener. Didn't you? There are literally 100's of residents at Hospice Buffalo waiting to die so they can see a Buffalo team win something, anything....(Indoor LAX? c'mon!) after this they might just throw in the towel. It's like a kick to my groin every time either they or the Bills get this close then screw it up. I think I'll wear my cup tonight.
Wearing my lucky Sabres socks...that haven't worked in like a week...but if nothing else we go out with a bang, and come back next year stronger than ever!
I don't think they will! Detroit and Ottawa Finals: I am LOOKING forward to it! USA and some canadians hockey fans including me will cheer on Detroit and the Rest, well you get the point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pick your poison Leaf Fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
im sorry but i dont think they are going to do it.



i mean yes there is a chance but i have a feeling that ottawa is going to win tonights game



but as for the stanley cup... that would go to THE DETROIT RED WINGS!!!



GO WINGS!!!!!!!!



=)
If it was something I would predict at all, then it wouldn't be a miracle comeback.
I sure as hell hope so!
Just a short list of some of the most amazing comebacks. As you know the bills cameback from a 35-3 halftime score and won. Texas Tech in the Insight Bowl 2006 spotted Minnesota 31 point lead and mid-way through the 3rd quarter went on to win 44-41. Baseball teams include Boston Braves 1914, St.Louis Cardinals 1964, Pittsburg Pirates in the world series 1979 only down 3-1. Of course the Boston Red Sox in 2004 against the New york Yankees, down 3-0. In colege Basketball North Carolina came back from 8 point deficit with 17 seconds left in the game and beat Duke 96-92 in overtime. Now last but not least is the great sport of hockey. The L.A. Kings came back from a 5-0 goal deficit and beat Edmington and then went on to win the series. In 1942 the Toronto Maple Leafs came back from a 3-0 game deficit to win the Stanley Cup against Detroit. The New York Islanders did the same thing in 1975 quarter finals against the Pittsbur g Penguins. As of Buffalo wining the cup now, slim or no chance short of an act of God and a complete collapse of the Senators. To win this series though they must improve greatly on special teams, especially the power play. No I don't believe it will happen but then miracles do happen every now and then. Example: 1980 miracle on ice U.S.A. against Russia.
Im gonna say no, but it would be awesome.
If anyone can it's the sabres. However I have to say their recent play has been dumbfounding to watch. Am I the only one that thinks something unusual is happening?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Ltd